The airport is only 7 km away from Cagliari city centre, the main city of Sardinia. Short distances and efficient transport links make Cagliari airport easily and quickly accessible from all parts of the Island.
- from Cagliari and hinterland: Cagliari airport is located 7 km away from downtown; take the S.S.130 from the city centre or the S.S. 554 from other parts of the city and from its hinterland. You can reach the S.S. 554 also merging from the Asse Mediano di Scorrimento (A.M.S.)
- from Sassari/Nuoro/Oristano: you can reach Cagliari Airport by merging in the S.S.131 southbound towards Cagliari. Follow the ‘Aeroporto Elmas’ signs once you are on the S.S.130
- from Olbia: follow the S.S.131bis southbound towards Cagliari until you merge in the S.S.131. Keep driving south towards Cagliari and then merge in the S.S.130 paying attention to ‘Aeroporto Elmas’ signs. Another option is driving on the S.S.125 southbound towards Cagliari. Near Quartucciu turn on the S.S.554 linking to the S.S.130, then follow the ‘Aeroporto Elmas’ signs
- from the South-Western Coastal road: drive on the S.S.195 towards Cagliari, then turn onto the S.S.130 and follow the ‘Aeroporto Elmas’ signs
- from the South-Eastern Coastal road: take the S.P. 17 that connects Villasimius to Cagliari; a few kilometres from the city centre turn on the S.S.554 and then onto the S.S.130 following the ‘Aeroporto Elmas’ signs.
By bus, taxi or train
Public transportation connects Cagliari Airport to the city centre and all major locations throughout Sardinia.
Trains, taxis and shuttle buses allow you to reach downtown Cagliari, the city’s port, its railway station and its coach station. If Cagliari is not your final destination in Sardinia, you may hop on a train at the airport's railway station or get off the shuttle-bus in Cagliari and switch to other means of transportation.
Wind: 11.27 km/h
26 Oct 2014
27 Oct 2014