The airport’s Chapel is dedicated to Our Lady of Loreto, patron saint of pilots, airmen and flight attendants as per declaration of Pope Benedict XV on 24 March 1920.
The more than 50sqm large Chapel is located in the Departures area on the second level of the terminal, next to the Sardinian artistic handcrafts shop and the casual and sport apparel shop.
Inaugurated on 15th October 2004 with a blessing ceremony hosted by the then archbishop of Cagliari Rev. Giuseppe Mani, the Chapel is now accessible to visitors and guests during normal airport opening times.
Wind: 20.92 km/h
22 May 2013
23 May 2013