An airline ticket is a contract which contains a number of clauses and information. Passengers must read carefully the terms and conditions of carriage and the carriers notices.
Tickets issued for a fixed itinerary on specific dates and flight numbers, generally indicate at least:
- Passenger name
- Flight number, plus Carrier’s IATA designator (digram letter/digit code) followed by max. of 4 digits
- Date of flight
- Airport of origin and destination
- Scheduled time of departure and arrival
- Check-in and boarding gate deadlines
- Booking reference number or Passenger Name Record
- Baggage allowance for hand luggage (weight, number and dimensions of luggage pieces to be carried in the aircraft’s cabin)
- Baggage allowance for checked-in baggage (weight, number and dimensions of luggage pieces to be carried in the aircraft’s hold).
On the airline ticket and/or in the related documents received and visualized before, during and after the booking process, it is furthermore possible to find information on the ticket‘s expiration date, on terms and conditions for change of itinerary, passenger name, time and date of flight according to the carrier’s fare limitations and other travel information.
Wind: 9.66 km/h
25 Apr 2014
26 Apr 2014